See Part four of this series here.
41. Design rooms that flow. (See House plans that flow.)
42. Re-use and/or repurpose it. (See Common Sense Green.)
43. Incorporate finish material, cabinetry, and/or trim which convey craftsmanship and the human spirit. (See Salem Antique: Kitchen Renovation.)
44. Welcome whimsy; express it in the details. (See Brewster Long House, above.)
45. Communicate clearly and frequently. Ask the same of your team.
46. Allow other disciplines to inform your design.
47. Consider a grey-water system.
48. Bill homeowners bi-weekly.
49. Specify adequate site drainage.
50. Distill and celebrate complex order. (See Design snapshot: Shapely balustrade.)
by Katie Hutchison for House Enthusiast